Contributing to ROCm
If your here you know ROCm profides a rich parallel computation foundation with the support of a diverse set of high-level programming languages (C, C++, OpenCL, Python, etc.) creating a solid foundation for heterogeneous computing.
Your ready to contribute and you’re not sure how to get involved, then this page will help.
One of biggest contribution you can help is reporting issues, please use our bug reporting guide. Thanks in advance!
ROCm Software Plaform and core ROCm Server drive is an expansive set of projects, the most prominent of which are maintained by The AMD ROCm Project Developers on GitHub. Newcomers may be interested in the project’s will want to find out more on how to contribute, which explains the mechanics of contributing to ROCm Project.
There are many ways to contribute to the success of ROCm. This guide focuses on area you can help as a new contributor:
- Finding, triaging and fixing issues. The basic work of maintaining a large and active project like ROCm.
- Documentation. Not just project documentation, but also for FAQ, blog posts, Stackoverflow and other sources.
- Community building. Helping your fellow ROCer, and expanding the reach of ROCm.
- Extending ROCm tooling in debugging profiling, langugages; integrating IDEs; and helping on infrastructure. The important pieces that make using a ROCm Software Platform practical and painless.
- Libraries. ROCm has start of solid foundation of Libraries but we need help in growing beyond the current core set.
- Language, compiler and the standard library. Language design, feature implementation, performance improvement.
Types of Contributors
- Developer – someone who downloads, builds and includes HSA open source technology in their application, and may also submit enhancement/feature requests or bugs
- Contributor – someone who submits a code patch, documentation, software examples, bugs etc.
- Project Maintainers – someone who is dedicated to the project, verifies and accepts bugs, patches code examples, documentation, etc.